Saturday, March 23, 2013

Zyzz, inspiration to many.


I want to start this post off by saying happy birthday to the late but VERY great Mr. Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian. I've been bodybuilding as a hobby for about 4 years now and JUST stumbled upon Zyzz about 6 months ago. From everything I hear about this man, it's more negative than positive. He gets a bad rap for his volatile way of life, doing steroids, being a troll, and more than anything, looking better than everybody.

I don't do steroids, I don't plan on using steroids. I'm very confident in myself and LOVE the natural gains made in the gym after hours of grinding out numerous sets of iron. I've hit the gym religiously for the last 3 years and completely understand all the hard work that goes into obtaining that "perfect body". It's not easy. Zyzz may have used steroids but nothing can take away from his story.

Zyzz was quoted as saying:

Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics.
 "Throughout high school, I was ridiculously thin,
 I'm talking the skinniest guy in my grade in school; people always commented on how skinny
 I was and I hated it. I remember feeling like a little bitch when I was out with girls, 
walking next to them and feeling the same size as them."

He became deeply passionate about sculpting his body. There are various progress videos of him through the years and he had a very good natural physique. Aziz first entered the bodybuilding scene after his last year in high school, he was sick of being known as the "weakling". His older brother was training on and off so Aziz approached him for help and at the age of 18, he made a change.

We all have insecurities. We all have something we want to change about ourselves. Some of us can make the change, some of us are restrained from making the change. Zyzz wasn't restrained, he noticed the problem and fixed it. I spend hours in the gym, trying to "perfect" my body...it's no easy task. I eat 6-10 meals a day, religiously. I alter my protein intake, spending much more money on healthy food in order to reach my goals. Sculpting your body is no easy task. Yes, he used steroids at some point in his journey to fix his insecurity. Yes, he pushed himself to the EXTREME to achieve what he wanted to achieve.


                

 After I learned that he passed away on August 5th in 2011, I began to do more research. I learned, after reading an online interview, that Zyzz had no outside competition. He looked at himself and used himself as the biggest competition in the world. He competed, every workout, with himself. By the young age of 22, he achieved more than many of us will achieve in decades of pursuing our goals. He's left a legacy and inspired many people. I'm spending my time writing this tribute blog about this man, he's definitely inspired me to work hard to achieve my goals. His perfect form, hours of sculpting his body in the gym, and perfect diet is something that we can all take from. Try not to look at the negatives but take the positives from this individuals life. We can be anything we want to be, it all depends how much you're willing to sacrifice. 

So, happy birthday and RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian. I'm mirin' bra. Thank you for motivating me to work even harder and obtain even more knowledge about this wonderful hobby. I've set goals and what to one day reach your level. I don't care if it takes a decade, I will look as good in your      godly pose! 

 
April 3rd, 2012. (Age 19)
November 30th, 2009. (Age 17)

    
    March 3rd, 2013 (Age 20) About 4 months after learning of Zyzz.



Don't hate somebody because they've worked extremely hard to reach a level you've dreamed of reaching for years. Do everything you possibly can to reach your goal. Sacrifice is a large part of being successful and something not many people are willing to do.How much are you willing to sacrifice? Hope this helps motivate some people and shed light on the positive things that Aziz did for society.

 "We've all got a little bit of Zyzz in us, you just don't know it." 

Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian
March 24th, 1989 - August 5th, 2011


3 comments:

  1. Yeah man, Zyzz helped you lot as it reflects in the pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work!! How did Zyzz die?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beachbum! Glad to see you're still following my posts :) Unfortunately, he died in a sauna over in Bangkok on August 5th, 2011. He had a heart attack. He did do a lot of steroids in his day and they say he had a pre-existing heart disease that set it off. The young age of 22...I'm thankful for how much I've taken from his young life.

      Delete