Tuesday, March 5, 2013

On the grind!

Hello! So it's 6:37 AM where I'm at and I am already ready for my day of school and work. My alarm went off 5 minutes ago, I woke up at 5:45 and felt hungry...I was physically hungry. Also felt more awake than I've felt in weeks when waking up, with only 5 hours and 45 minutes of sleep in me. While showering, I fell into deep thought. I felt more motivated today, mentally hungry for a challenge. Mentally hungry to do something different or better today. 

Today, I will redefine the grind. I will make today a better and more productive day than I've had in a while. Successful people go with the hours, we only have so many hours in the day to do what we need to do. Time is the most precious commodity of all and it's sickening to see others throw it away. This is our time to move forward, to challenge ourselves, to push ourselves to failure. 

"A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions." -Confucious

5 hours and 45 minutes of sleep sounds pretty good to most of you reading this. I exercise 7 days a week, twice a day when I can, and weight lift 5 days a week AT LEAST. My body "needs" a minimum of 8 hours of sleep to grow at its best. I'm willing to sacrifice that extra 45 minutes that I could have gotten to grind on some homework.

 My education is very important to me and I set a goal of obtaining straight A's this semester as my first semester with straight A's in all of the years I've been in school. This is my 3rd year in community college and I'm transferring to a 4-year university next fall. I graduated high school with a 1.81 academic GPA...what's your excuse? Why aren't you doing something that you should be doing today? Why aren't you pushing yourself to your limits? Maybe it's time to do a little self-reflection and a re-evaluation of yourself. 

Hope everyone has a positive, productive, and overall awesome day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment