Saturday, March 16, 2013

Malcom X: No Fear

‎"No, I don't worry, I tell ya. I am a man who believed that I died 20 years ago and I live like a man who is dead already. I have no fear whatsoever of anybody or anything." -Malcom X

Malcom X was a man of his word and fought for what he believed in. I wish I was more knowledgeable about the man and what he did for the movement. From the small amount of information I know about him, he was a martyr and known as the most influential African American of the 20th century. This quote just tweaked my perspective on life a little bit. I'll give you my perception of the words that he spoke...

Why worry about anything? Everything is constantly changing and no matter what, we're going to be alright. Fear is the BIGGEST restraint of them all, but we are the ones who allow it to restrain. Malcom X decided at one point in his life that he would rather live his life as if he were already dead rather than allowing fear to stop him from doing what he wanted to accomplish. This is coming from a man who has been deemed one of the mot influential persons of an entire century, words of wisdom. He may of been assassinated but that's part of life.

     I would not mind dying at the age of 25 if I knew that I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish in my life. As a 20 year old, I will begin living my life like this. I've already been moving in this direction but now is the time to make the switch. Life is too short to have fear...fear will not be a roadblock in my life. I will accomplish all that I want to accomplish and then some!

Don't contemplate, just do what you want to do and get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment