Sunday, March 10, 2013

Will Smith motivates me, how average are you?

I know who I am, I know what I believe, and that's all I need to know...

And where I excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic. You know, while the other guy's sleeping? I'm working.

The first step, before anyone else believes it, you have to believe it.

Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocracy. It's done the second I decide it's done, we just gotta wait for y'all to see.

-Will Smith

I've recently been watching a motivational Will Smith video that contains various interview clips with his quotes. The first time I even heard that he was such a motivational person, I almost crapped my pants. Will Smith lives his life by the same rules and standard I live mine. I've noticed myself gaining more and more success lately and I think there is a correlation between the two.

My job is to be a student. I also work as a waiter to pay my bills (rent, car insurance, gas, phone, etc). I do as much as I can to be the best possible student I can. I try my hardest to be the best server I can. I don't plan on being a server for much more than one more year but I give it my ALL because it shows who I am.
I want to know, for myself, that I tried my hardest and did MY personal best. It shows who I am to myself and everybody else. People recognize how hard I work, most praise me and some are envious. Either way, I try my hardest at all that I do.

People wonder why others have something and why they do not. They make excuses as to why these people are where they are. Time is the most precious commodity, we are only allotted a certain amount of it and can never buy it back. Successful people know this and use apply hard work to the short amount of time they have. They are MORE productive than the person wondering why that certain person is successful.

Think about it next time you'd rather sit down and watch T.V. or smoke weed or get drunk. Think about how hard I'll be working and how fast I'm going to pass you up. Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment