Saturday, April 20, 2013

4/20/2013: One Year of Being Single.

So today, 4/20/2013, is my one year anniversary of the big breakup I had with a girl that I once loved more than anything. This was a girl I met in high school and grew tremendously with. She helped me develop and learn so much about myself, I did the same for her. She helped me through numerous problems, as I did with her. These weren't just small problems in life, they were problems that formed a very tight and different kind of bond.

She broke up with me on 4/20/2012 and I was shattered. I lost the love of my life. I'm a little bit unlike the average person, I moved out when I was age 14 and lived with a friends family. At 18, I moved out and went to college. While going to college and working, no matter how many people you're around, you tend to feel lonely. Go to school, work, gym, then come home to do homework. Rinse and repeat. My parents were never around so that created somewhat of a problem with me, emotionally. This breakup devastated me.

After about two months of dwelling on the past and mourning my lost relationship, I decided to live for myself. It was great, exciting. I learned that there is so much knowledge to obtain not only about life but as myself. It was time for me to learn who I was and grow as an individual, fast.

Ever since, I've flipped my negative perspective on life and tend to think about the bright side of life. Life is far too short to dwell on a past relationship when there are so many other fish in the sea. My physical appearance improved, my grades improved, and I finally just recently got employee of the month at my job. As an individual, nobody but yourself holds you back. I no longer feel like a 20 year old but feel like an experience late 20's adult.

Just wanted to let anybody reading this that might have fallen in love and been crushed that everything will be alright, just keep your head up and keep trucking. There are so many things to do, people to meet, and opportunities to take. Never let your happiness rely on somebody else! Have a great weekend everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment