Thursday, May 9, 2013

It's been a while!

So it's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I last posted a blog, it's been far too long! How's everybody doing? I've been too busy for my own good, finals week is coming up, I'm getting my own fitness company started, I'm at the gym 5-7 days a week, and I'm working 20-30 hour s a week. I'm taking 6 classes in college and I'm almost out for summer!

     So, I just received an e-mail from my school confirming that as long as I pass my classes this semester, I'll obtain an Associates of Arts degree in Business Administration and another one in Economics. I'll be the first person in my family to have multiple degrees of any type. A lot of my family never went to college and are uneducated so it feels great to set the bar. I want to set the bar, not only for my self, but for the rest of my family. I want them to know that you can do anything you set your mind to, you just need to get to it.

      My father dropped out of high school and graduated from adult education when he was 26, my mother dropped out of high school in grade 10. Already being able to top my parents is already something that I look at with pride. Being able to top my parents while staying in great shape, starting my own company, working, as well as going to school full time....it feels good.

     Through all of this work, I've learned a lot of things. We can't worry about what others are going to say or think. I've kept a close couple friends and worried about myself. A lot of my friends party and drink all the time but I can't afford to do that even on the weekends, it sets me back. Setting goals has given me a destination, creating a plan has given me the path there. I've kept my eyes on the prize and have done everything I need to do to get where I've gotten and I'll continue this philosophy. If you want any tips on moving forward and continuing with success, feel free to send me an e-mail or comment on this blog. I'm here to help motivate others and give them choices in life. Carpe diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment