Saturday, April 6, 2013

Progress: One of Many Keys to Success

Hey everybody! Like I've said before, I created this blog in an attempt to motivate and inspire people to lead a more positive and healthy life. I now have a 1-year progress picture from when I first started to be more positive. This happened April 3rd, 2012. I realized that my girlfriend (that broke up with me 2 weeks later) was straying away and it was now time for me to figure out who I was. I started to be more positive and open to change, here is what happened to me.
Top left: age 17. Top right: age 19. Bottom: age 20

I started lifting when I was 14 with almost zero knowledge about the fitness world. I knew how to eat and I knew how to move weight, it's much more complex than that. From age 17 to 19 I learned VERY little about nutrition, but I learned my body from a weightlifting standpoint much better. At age 19, I figured it was time to start on the long road to having abs. The highest weight I reached was 230 pounds when I was about 16, terrible time in my life. It's one of the main things that motivates me to reach goals like this one. 

I got to where I'm at because of the willingness to learn, to change, to grow as an individual. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing time and time again while expecting different results. Nothing different is going to happen unless we stray away from our comfort zone. Concentrating on one area that you're interested in can teach you a lot about yourself. Bodybuilding taught me a lot of valuable skills that I will continue to work on through the years. I've learned what patience is, what hard work can get you, what having a positive attitude will do to your happiness. So many valuable lessons and I enjoyed every opportunity to grow physically and mentally. Hope this helps you in your journey to success!




No comments:

Post a Comment